Friday, September 21, 2012

Welcome DG's! Welcome all!

Well I'm a Delta Gamma and I working on my crafting skills. I plan to do many crafts throughout my collegiate years and I thought if I described how to do them, it might help someone else. :)

First up is my initiation rose shadow box.

Need: shadow box, dried rose, paper, straight pins, hot glue & gun

I went to Hobby Lobby and got a small shadow box, I don't remember the dimensions though. I chose white to keep it simple.

Previously in this craft I had dried out my cream rose upside down with a bit of the baby's breath.

Then in a scripted font I printed off "Initiation Spring 2012" and used a edge stamp design to give it scalloped corners. Using pink and blue straight pins I pinned the paper to the back cover.

Barely letting the rose rest on the glass of box, I hot glued the cut stem of the rose to the box's bottom. After letting it dry and testing to make sure it was secure I but the cover back on and closed the little hinges. For added security I hot glued the hinges to the box.

And that's it! It was pretty simple but you have to have a bit of patience and be careful.

Take care,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I love this first blog post! I have never seen anyone else do this in our fraternity. I like this project because it can be created in so many different ways.

    ReplyDelete