Tuesday, November 26, 2013

My Little's Decoration

Well Initiation has come and gone and my little got her paddle. At first I didn't know how to decorate her paddle because mine was so awesome. My paddle is wrapped in fabric with twine wrapped around the end. I wouldn't even know how to start remaking it.

So I started with a coat of paint on my little's paddle. Then I added some other paint for definition. I positioned the crest, sparkle anchor and sparkle whale that way I could stencil in her name. When I was done with the second coats of paint I took a step back to see what else it needed. I had some small stick-on pearls that I thought about adding to the top and bottom but I quickly realized it'd be prettier all around the paddle. I felt like a jeweler setting stones because I used tweezers to take it off the plastic and stick it on the wood.

The paddle still needed something else. I had extra pearls and I had seen Braille done on other paddles so I decided to write her name in Braille using the pearls. I was finally happy with what I had made.

When I gave her the paddle she was really happy and liked it which made me feel great as her big.
Now I have to start making her a Christmas present....

Take care and do good,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I love this paddle. You put a lot of details in it and looks so cute. Fatima loves it! I agree the pearls add the right touch.

    ReplyDelete